Family Medicine Jobs in Massachusetts
Wednesday · August 23, 2017
1 Job in The Bay State
Photo: Gazing upon the Financial District from Boston Harbor
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent family medicine job (Brockton) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- Dental & Vision: Our insurance options also include exceptional vision and dental plans (premiums are partially paid by VA).
- 208 Hours paid annual (vacation/personal) leave - you can carry over up to 86 days into a new year.
- VA employees have the option to use Flexible Spending Accounts, which allow you to use tax-free dollars to pay for medical, dental, and vision care expenses that are not reimbursed by your health insurance plan.
- Unused sick leave can be used to extend creditable service time at retirement!
- Disability Retirement.
- 104 Hours paid sick leave per year with unlimited carry over!
- Expertise in geriatrics and/or palliative care is welcome and prior medical director or administrative experience is preferred as well as familiarity with quality improvement frameworks such as Lean Six Sigma.
- VA employees hired after January 1, 2014 automatically contribute 4% of their salary each pay period and the VA contributes 8% of the employee's salary each pay period for a total annual contribution percentage equal to 12% of the employee's salary.
- VA Boston HCS is a leader in patient-centered care and has academic affiliations with several Boston training programs.
- For retired military personnel, these benefits are in addition to full monthly retirement pay or pension.
- As the Hbpc medical direct.
- The majority of patients are elderly, homebound with complex medical and psychosocial needs and we are looking for a candidate who is passionate about caring for this population.
- For calendar year 2016, employees under the age of 50 may contribute up to $18,000, while those over age 50 are eligible to make catch-up contributions that allow them to defer up to $24,000.
- Boston, Massachusetts.
- 10 Paid federal holidays with pay.
- Long-term care insurance is available as an option.
- Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government.
- Physician - Family Medicine Job in Brockton, MA.
- The Federal Government also provides an automatic basic contribution (1% of salary) and up to 4% of salary in matching contributions, depending on the amount of the employee contribution.
- Medical Director, Home-Based Primary Care Program - VA Boston Healthcare System - Veterans Health Administration.
- Fers is a three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits.
- Health Insurance: VA employees have an outstanding number of health insurance plans from which to choose (premiums are partially paid by VA).
- Possible 5 Days paid Authorized Absence to attend CME.
- All inquiries will be handled in confidence.
- Fers-Frae basic benefits (pension).
- How is the pension funded?
- You'll find the VA has a lot to offer, including the unmatched satisfaction you'll get from caring for those who have served our country and, in addition to competitive pay and liability protection, you'll also enjoy a robust benefits plan.
- Discover what it's like to enjoy the professional and personal satisfaction of leading the care for veterans in an exciting location while enjoying a work/life balance that is increasingly rare in today's healthcare environment.
- Similar to the 401(k) savings plans widely available in the private sector, the TSP allows employees to tax defer a portion of their income each year, subject to the requirements of the Internal Revenue Service.
- In addition to Fers, VA provides health care insurance coverage for retired personnel.
- Come join VA Boston Healthcare System (HCS) as Medical Director for a thriving Home-Based Primary Care program.
- Preferred applicants will be Board Certified in Internal Medicine or Family Practice.
- VA employees are covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (Fers).
- And 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan.
- As the physician leader, you will work in partnership with the Program Manager to provide clinical oversight and program development for a well-established Home-Based Primary Care program.
- VA Boston's Home-Based Primary Care (Hbpc) delivers care to 300+ veterans via two experienced and dedicated multidisciplinary teams serving the greater Boston area.
- Employees are vested in a federal pension after only 5 years' service.
- The program offices are located on the Jamaica Plain campus of VA Boston HCS in a neighborhood of Boston and a second team is based on the Brockton, MA campus.
This perm job opening was posted
7 days ago