Family Medicine Jobs in Massachusetts
Monday · November 20, 2017
1 Job in The Bay State
Photo: Gazing upon the Financial District from Boston Harbor
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent family medicine job (Bedford) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- Have onsite access to mental health services and lab blood drawing, social work and Clinical Pharmacists.
- And 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan.
- For retired military personnel, these benefits are in addition to full monthly retirement pay or pension.
- 10 Paid federal holidays with pay.
- Disability Retirement.
- Long-term care insurance available.
- See about 12-14 patients per day as part of a large practice with 8 patient care teams and 12 primary care providers.
- 26 days paid annual (vacation/personal) leave - you can carry over up to 86 days into a new year.
- A women's health and urgent care clinic are located adjacent to the primary care clinic.
- Flexible Spending Accounts, which allow use of tax-free dollars to pay for medical, dental, and vision care expenses not reimbursed by your health insurance plan.
- Must be comfortable providing comprehensive primary care to both male and female patients.
- Physician - Family Medicine Job in Bedford, MA.
- Your inquiry will be handled in confidence.
- Work on a beautifully wooded campus adjacent to a gold course, in an historic town that has a lot to offer while be located in close proximity to Boston and the coast.
- 13 days paid sick leave per year with unlimited carry over!
- Bedford, Massachusetts.
- Employees automatically contribute 4% of their salary each pay period and the VA contributes 8% of the employee's salary each pay period for a total annual contribution percentage equal to 12% of the employee's salary.
- Seeking a Primary Care Physician (Internal Medicine or Family Medicine).
- Employees are vested in a federal pension after only 5 years' service.
- In addition to Fers, VA provides health care insurance coverage for retired personnel.
- VA New England Healthcare System - Veterans Health Administration.
- For calendar year 2016, employees under the age of 50 may contribute up to $18,000, while those over age 50 are eligible to make catch-up contributions that allow them to defer up to $24,000.
- Unused sick leave can be used to extend creditable service time at retirement!
- How is pension funded?
- No Primary Care.
- Have 4 hours set aside for patient relayed administrative work and also time set aside for staff and team meetings.
- Our Mission: The mission of the Bedford VA Hospital based Primary Care Clinic is to provide compassionate health care services in primary care and mental health to eligible veterans residing in and around the Bedford area.
- Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options available with the cost shared by the Federal Government.
- Also available is a multidisciplinary team to support pain management.
- Dental & Vision: options include exceptional vision and dental plans (premiums are partially paid by VA).
- Work with RNs and LPNs, along with administrative support staff in a team based approach.
- Federal Employees Retirement System (Fers) - a three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits.
- The Federal Government also provides an automatic basic contribution (1% of salary) and up to 4% of salary in matching contributions, depending on the amount of the employee contribution.
- Health Insurance: an outstanding number of health insurance plans from which to choose (premiums are partially paid by VA).
- Work with group that is always thinking outside the box to improve the quality and efficiency of work and in which there is very little physician turnover.
- Similar to 401(k) savings plans available in the private sector, the TSP allows employees to tax defer a portion of income each year, subject to the requirements of the Internal Revenue Service.
- Fers-Frae basic benefits (pension).
- 5 Days paid Authorized Absence to attend CME.
This perm job opening was posted
6 weeks ago